Friday, January 13, 2006

Punny foetry

When the warped mind of Shel Silverstein is joined with the verbal acuity of Reverend Spooner, the result is a larrel of baughs. This last book of Silverstein's poetry is a lot of fun. Don't take my word though. I put up a link to his web site so that you can see for yourself. It's a fery vun site. You can even listen to Dr. Hook (ask your parents) read " Runny and the Sea Poup." I do have to say though, I first heard this book read by my niece whose North Carolina accent gave it a quality that even Dr. Hook (did you ask your parents?) can't approach. The only problem with reading this book is that you spend the dest of the ray falking tunny. Oh yeah, for more offbeat poetry check out the Ogden Nash link. He was the Shel Silverstein of my youth.

No comments: